Frankly, I had no idea this was a thing.
But, a lovely, fellow-blogger, lady Jen sent me this message:
I’ve really been enjoying your blog. I’m nearing the end of my twenty-somethings, but relate to so many of your posts. Through the years I’ve come to the realisation you have here, too – that’s Its truly brave to just ‘be’, warts ‘n’ all. The more of us who stand there vulnerably, the more people feel that they can do the same – the makings of a happier world, I think.
I’ve nominated you for Liebster award, if you fancy taking part…
I have had this blog for almost two years, I believe, and it is always nice to know that people read my stuff (even though most of my posts are just random thoughts and statements).
Thanks, Jen! Ya’ll should check her blog out!!
Naturally, I had to jump into this Leibster thing head-first. Because I’m 20 years old and could do with more spontaneity in my life.
FACTS ABOUT ME:
Because this is such interesting stuff 😛
- I listen to songs I like so much that I hate them and stop listening to them until I find them again and repeat the whole process.
- I’m a Graphic Design major.
- I want to move to Scotland or Iceland.
- If I could have a dog, I would have a dog. If female, I would name it Lavender. If male, I would name it Oliver.
- I am writing a book that is basically a super-dramatized autobiography.
- There is a distinct possibility that I like swing music – not the country stuff. I’m talking electric swing, 40s swing…
- I will never read a romance novel. Ever.
- Period dramas are my favorite genre of film.
- If Marcus Butler (youtube) offered me his hand in marriage, I would send him on the Quest for the Holy Grail. Not so he can prove his love for me, but, because my subconscious is a sadist and it would be fun to watch him vlog the whole thing.
Questions Jen Gave Me:
Why did you start your blog?
I want to change the world. Not for money or fame. Just to make the world a happier and safer place.
What is your happiest memory from 2015?
My happiest memory had to be when I saw my 90-year-old grandfather after almost 4 months. He just beamed at me and exclaimed, “There’s the one!” My relationship with my grandfather is a simple one: he’s what I want to be when I actually mature.
What’s your favourite meal?
Anything with pasta and green tea makes a meal beautiful.
If you could have any profession, what would it be?
Actually, if given the chance, I would love to be an actress. Not for the money or the fame, but to make the world a happier, safer place. Redundancy is redundant.
What do you feel your biggest personality flaw is and how could you overcome it?
My biggest personality flaw is my distrusting nature. I appear, on the surface, to be friendly and approachable, but, become friendly with me I only let people know so much. I’ve been hurt so much and so often by those I thought actually cared about me that it’s hard to open up to people.
Recommend a book, a movie and a song.
Book: Girl Boss and The Opposite of Loneliness
These books changed my life, really. As a 20-something, they opened up a lot of the world to me. A lot of The Opposite of Loneliness made me cry tears of sadness.
Movie: The Revenant
DiCaprio did beautifully in this film. The movie itself is very artistic and nearly-historically accurate. It is, however, very gory and vulgar in parts, just so you know.
Song: Blue by Marina and the Diamonds
I’ve been a bit obsessed with Marina and Diamonds for a few days now (it was after I’d over-played Can’t Complain by Relient K and was looking for something with a little more soul). This song is super poppy, but has some deep meanings.
What do you want to achieve in 2016?
I want to achieve a lot. I want to get my blog to the daily posting stage – I suck at this. I want to get closer to my friends and open up to people. I also want to be an ambassador for an anti-suicide campaign.
Do you like the city you live in? if so, why? If not, where would you like to live and why?
I like this city, but I have been in the Midwest my whole life and every town is the same.
I want to move to Iceland or Edinburgh, Scotland. Just because there’s so much beauty and raw nature.
Who or what inspires you?
Humanity inspires me. The iron of everyone’s blood, the emotions, the thoughts, and beliefs are so… pure.
It is so raw.
What’s your favourite quote?
You’ve got your whole life ahead of you. There is so much to life and to the world. Go out and experience it.
If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you do with it?
If I could have any superpower it would be Elektrokenisis. Basically, it is the ability to use energy (potential and kinetic). If this opportunity ever arose, I would call myself Nike (branding) and form the Avengers, saving humanity from… you know… aliens… and…stuff.
HERE’S MY NOMINEEEEES!
- jessica meredith
HERE ARE THE RULES
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Go ahead, this was a lot of fun!